Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Beauty and Ecstasy of the Low

Insects obviously can experience terror, so why don’t you imagine they experience joy and ecstasy as well? Try harder!




You slave in factories, offices, and stores to purchase clothing, shelter, food, gasoline, and insurance, while this bee knows more joy in one day than ten of you do in a week! Yet can you begin to imagine the ecstasy of a firefly?












And what about dandelions? Surely they experience some form of botanical ecstasy as well?



























This post is in some ways an addendum to “I Live in a Trailer




Stephen Rowe welcomes correspondence of all sort at StephenRowe.OriGraphics@yahoo.com

2 comments:

  1. Such lovely thoughts. And, gee, I've not been eye-level with dandelions in a very long time!! Your thoughts and photos have inspired me, if only for a moment, to think about how the freshly picked blossoms felt in my hands as a child.. I remember the stickiness! Studying the shapes of the petals in your photos, I thought about how I'd paint them in watercolor with a square, flat brush. I smiled at the Zen Clock, too.

    Thank you for putting your musings into words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. I'm thankful for the tranquil place your writings take me to.

    ReplyDelete